When you are on a mission to lose weight, what you drink is as important as what you eat. So, while you’re making the list of low-calorie foods for your diet, you might want to include these healthy drinks as well. The good news is that these drinks are either easily available or easy to make at home. Plus, you can just carry them with you to work or thoughtfully include them in your diet to sip your way to health.
- Water: Water helping with weight loss is just one of the many benefits of this eternal life giver. Studies indicate that drinking water before a meal helps you eat less. Iced water has also been found to boost metabolism and burn higher number of calories. Increasing the amount of water you consume every day also increases your metabolic rate.
- Green Tea: No, we’re not naming this super-tea simply because it’s the latest in-thing. The catechins (compounds that help release fat from fat cells) in green tea make this an ideal healthy drink. Green tea also has a host of other benefits, including reducing the risk of osteoporosis, heart disease, dental cavities, and cancer. Apart from green tea, Oolong tea is also packed with catechins and both are among the top drinks nutritionists suggest to lose weight.
- Vegetable Juice: Vegetable juices are good for you because vegetables have a lower amount of sugar content than fruits. They are also low in calories. Moreover, the pulpier the vegetable is, the longer it will keep you remain full. This in-turn lowers the chance of you reaching for that candy bar to meet your food cravings, making it one of the best homemade drinks to lose weight fast.
- Bone Broth: Bone broth is one of the best drinks with the highest nutrition and lowest calories. Rich and filling, it keeps your cravings under control and thus keeps your weight in check. As an added plus, it also contains building blocks of collagen, in turn improving skin.
- Butter Milk: Butter milk cools the digestive system. It decreases bloating and reduces inflammation, which are two main reasons behind weight gain. If you love fruits, you can choose to have it in some fruit flavor.
- Black Coffee: The ideal pre-workout drink, black coffee is free of calories and loaded with antioxidants. Studies have shown that the caffeine in coffee increases your endurance, which means you burn more calories and shed more weight. As most caffeine-based energy drinks also come with a lot of sugar, black coffee is the perfect zero calorie drink to chug before you hit the gym.
- Wine: Having wine with dinner is not just about your daily tipple or looking classy in your Instagram post. Research indicates that resveratrol, a polyphenol in wine, turns excess white fat to active, energy-burning fat, making it one of the ideal fat-burning drinks.
- Homemade Low-Fat Smoothies: Smoothies are ideal homemade drinks to lose weight fast, as the milk provides calcium and the fruit gives fiber, apart from fruit nutrients. Commercial smoothies, however, are far from ideal as they are chock full of sugar and other ingredients that are not conducive to weight loss. So, just make your own smoothie using fruit, skimmed milk or low-fat yogurt and ice, and you’re good to go. An ideal ingredient for a low-fat smoothie is avocado, which contains fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar contains acetic acid, which has been shown to boost metabolism. It also reduces inflammation, prevents storage of fat in the body and contains natural enzymes and probiotics. As an added benefit, the vinegar regulates blood sugar, reducing your cravings and aids weight loss.
While selecting the right healthy drink for your diet, it is also important to keep in mind its nutrition value and not just its fat burning capabilities. For example, a smoothie, along with a couple of slices of toast, is a complete breakfast in itself and diets should be planned accordingly.
Cheers to healthy drinking!