If you ask an average person about his/her personal goal, most of all end up answering: losing weight. However, the truth is that the health benefits of keeping your weight at check go far beyond just looking amazing in the mirror. The answer is some healthy habits combined with fat-burning foods can help you lose weight and burn fat naturally. Choosing fat-burning foods can also help you in boosting your energy levels, potentially reversing diabetes, and reducing the risk of obesity. Here we are providing you with a list of foods to eat to lose weight and burn belly fat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can help you in losing weight by reducing your sugar cravings. It helps you feel fuller. It works as a natural detoxifying agent and balances the pH of your stomach. Since apple cider vinegar is highly acidic in nature, try to dilute it with water before drinking.
- Cayenne Pepper: Apart from increasing the heat and spice in your foods, cayenne pepper helps in increasing your body’s ability to burn fat. It helps in boosting your metabolism and reducing your belly fat by speeding up your body’s ability to convert food into energy.
- Bone Broth: As bone broth is rich in amino acids, it can help in preventing muscle breakdown, increasing your metabolism, and helps in detoxification. Add this nutrient-rich, fat-burning food to your diet and transform your health.
- Coconut Oil: It is actually a fat that makes you slim. It is one of the healthiest natural fats one can consume. Dietary coconut oil supplement can actually reduce abdominal obesity. It can also help in decreasing the body weight while keeping your thyroid running smoothly.
- Green Tea: Green tea is not only soothing but also has numerous benefits. Drinking green tea on a daily basis can help you in lowering the cholesterol levels and reducing body fat. Green tea is rich in an antioxidant called ECGC, the compound that helps in burning fat and prevents it from forming again.
- Berries: Berries are one of the best foods that burn belly fat. Berries are rich in phytophenol antioxidants that not only help in burning fat but also help in improving blood flow to your muscles. Blueberries contain resveratrol, an antioxidant responsible for converting excess harmful white fat into calories-burning beige fat. This can effectively reduce the risk of obesity.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains are bloat-busting foods. However, they are rich in minerals and can de-puff you by counter-balancing salt. Try sticking to brown rice, wheat, quinoa, millet, barley, faro etc. Quinoa is rich in betaine, a chemical that can increase your metabolism.
- Dairy: Try adding a cup of low-fat milk, or half a cup of low-sodium cottage cheese, or a part-skim mozzarella to your breakfast. These calcium-rich foods can help in reducing waist circumference.
- Fish: Fishes such as salmon, tuna, and sardines are a good source of healthy lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids. These foods can keep you full for long and curb the cravings.
- Grapefruit: Not only grapefruit is one of the delicious citrus fruits you can have but also it is a major fat-burning food as well. Enzymes found in grapefruit can help in breaking down sugar and boosting your metabolism. The phytochemicals in grapefruit can help in stimulating the production of adiponectin, a hormone responsible for breaking down of fat.
- Beans and Lentils: The dry edible seeds of beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas are full of fiber and plant-based protein. They also contain essential minerals and B-vitamins. Consuming these super foods can help in reducing bloat by helping your muscular and nervous systems to build lean body mass. Since many people are iron-deficient, one cup of lentils can provide you with 35% of your daily dose of iron. When our body lacks a nutrient, our metabolism process gets slow as our body is not getting enough nutrients to function properly.
- Green-Leafy and Cruciferous Veggies: Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, Swiss chard, collard greens are full of nutrients and iron. These green veggies can help in keeping muscles function properly and burning calories. Also, cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts are packed with vitamins and nutrients like potassium, which helps in reducing the bloat-inducing effects of sodium.
Whether it is revving your metabolism, helping you feel full, the ability to burn fat or turning off those fat genes, these healthy fat-burning foods certainly help you in losing your weight and gaining a flat belly.