Eating less is no way a good idea to fasten the weight loss process. Researchers claim that around 70 percent of the weight loss possibility is dependent on your eating habits. This means that a major part of the efforts should be directed towards choosing right kind of food and opting for the right time to eat to lose weight. Losing weight isn’t easy. However, having the right knowledge of ways to lose weight certainly helps. You need to take care of everything from the kind of food you eat, exercise plan, etc. Surprisingly, the eating time also makes a huge difference in helping your body shed off those extra kilos.
Does Time Really Matter?
Though your body does not have a particular time for everything nor does it work as a real watch, it surely runs constantly for 24 hours a day. A ‘circadian rhythm’ keeps the human body functioning on schedule. It helps the body adjust to environmental changes, eating and sleep habits. This is why your snack timings can affect the:
- Body-weight regulation.
- Management of the diseases pertaining to overweight issues.
- Metabolic regulation.
- Cycle of sleep etc.
Why Do Overweight People Tend To Have Snack Craving During Late Hours?
The major reason behind the food cravings experienced by overweight people during the night is their improper sleep pattern. Messing up with the sleep timings disturbs the internal clock system of the body. This leads to food cravings during wrong timings and an increase in the body weight as well.
Such people usually have the following eatables at late hours:
- More of aerated drinks like soda.
- More fast foods such as burgers, chips, pastries etc.
- Fewer vegetables and fruits.
- Heavy dinner.
The fact is that these people also consume the same amount of calories as other normally eating and sleeping people do. However, they still gain weight because every calorie consumed post 8:00 p.m. directly contributes to weight gain.
Is Fasting Effective?
Fasting means restricting the eating time. Such people usually follow an 8 hour window eating time tablewhere they eat for 8 hours a day and stay hungry for the next 16 hours. The kind of effects fasting has on a person’s body differs from one another. Moreover, the results are also affected by the kind of exercise routine you follow.
The side effects of fasting can be noted in some people. This can range from a deficiency of vitamins and muscle loss if you don’t consume the right kind of food. If you are opting for fasting, make sure your meal plan is designed to provide proper nutrition.
Are There Some Possible Benefits Of Spreading The Eating Schedule To Lose Weight?
- An intermittent fasting when coupled with resistance training, has somewhat similar effects as intensive exercise.
- It also reduces resting heart rate.
- Helps in losing weight.
- Aids in reduction of high blood pressure.
- Suppresses appetite means less food cravings.
- It leads to a decrease in the risk of coronary artery diseases.
How to Time Your Food For Weight Loss?
- Breakfast is an essential meal of the day. Some say it should be the heaviest too. Researchers have reported that a person must have the breakfast between 6:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Consumption of a high-protein breakfast in this time frame can reduce the risk of weight gain and cause fewer hunger strikes through the day.
- Mid-morning snack almost 2 to 4 hours post breakfast.
- Lunch should be scheduled before 3:00 p.m.
- Afternoon snack can be after 2 to 4 hours of lunch.
Lastly, make sure you eat dinner before 8:00 p.m. The best time to eat dinnercan be anywhere between 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This is because having dinner post this time frame can be difficult to digest. Follow the above advice on time to eat for weight loss and get started on a quick and consistent weight loss journey!